The Clever Investor: Loyal3 Update â€“ 12/21/2015
Before looking at the specifics of how my stocks performed over the last 30 days, letâ€™s review the rules for my Clever Investor game:
- Investments are made using the 100% Free investment platform, Loyal3
- I will invest an additional $50 a month, budget willing, based upon results
- Results are reviewed in the middle of the month (approximately)
Due to the volatility in the market, and the pending Federal Reserve Board announcement I didn’t invest my $50 again this month. Christmas spending may also have had something to do with it. Hoping to jump back on the train next month with the start of a new year….but in the meantime, here’s how my current investments fared over the last month.
Here we go!
- As of closing on 11/17/2015: 17,489
- As of closing on 12/18/2015: 17,128
- Month Change: -361 (-2.1%)
Buffalo Wild Wings:
- Previous Value: $146.51
- Current Value: $148.19
- Month Change: +1.68 (+1.1%)
- Previous value: $44.35
- Current Value: $41.31
- Month Change: -$3.04 (-6.9%)
- Amount invested: $210
- Current Value: $189.70
- Change: -20.30 (-9.7%)
Buffalo Wild Wings outperformed the market with a modest gain. Apple disappoints me again. I’m about sick of this stock, as it’s been a consistent loser since I bought it. I’m seriously contemplating rolling those funds to a different company.
The brilliant thing about loyal3.com is that you can buy shares for as little as $10 bucks, which is great because most people are cash constrained and can only afford to make small transactions. Other brokerage firms arenâ€™t geared towards small time investors, so Loyal3 has been great.
Look for another update in January – how did your stocks do this month?
Brought to you courtesy of Brock