The kabob may be the perfect grilling creation. They can be made using any kind of protein, vegetable or even fruit, they’re easy to make and are already cut up into bite sized pieces. For these reasons (and more) I grill up kabobs countless times during the summer. I particularly enjoy cooking up a surf and turf meal with separate steak and shrimp kabobs, and I want to share my surf and turf grilled kabob recipe!
Preparing The Steak Kabobs
- Cube favorite cut of steak into bite sized pieces (I prefer Ribeye) and put in bowl
- Cover with Lawry’s steak and chop marinade
- Add steak sauce to taste (Hienz57 or A1)
- Add 1Tbs Worcestershire Sauce
- Let sit in refrigerator for several hours or overnight
- Spear steak cubes onto kabob skewers
- Season with Lawry’s seasoning and Weber Steak and Chop seasoning
Preparing The Shrimp Kabobs
- Peel and devein shrimp
- Spear shrimp onto kabob skewers
- Season with Badia Complete Seasoning
Preparing Basting Butter
- Soften one stick of butter (or more if needed)
- Mix in 1-2 tbs of Badia Complete Seasoning
- Set aside for grilling
- Preheat grill to hot (400 degrees or higher)
- Place steak kabobs on grill and cook for 3 minutes uncovered
- Flip kabobs and cook for another 3 minutes
- Remove steak kabobs and place on a platter to rest, basting with compound butter
- place shrimp kabobs on grill and cook for 2 minutes uncovered
- flip shrimp kabobs and cook for 2 minutes or until done
- Baste kabobs with compound butter, remove from grill and place on platter
Serve, and enjoy!
Kabobs are a great grilled meal, easy to make, and can be marinated or seasoned any way you’d like. This recipe for grilled kabobs is just one idea that can help you be king of the grill any time of year!
How about you, Clever Friends, do you have a favorite kabob recipe?