Read the Fine Print: Paying $1300 for a single iPhone
We’ve found the first stupid person in the iPhone sales comedy:
Watch the stupid lady spend $1,300 for an iPhone
If you can’t watch the video, here’s the short of it:
- Lady brings $16,000 cash to buy up all the iPhones at an AT&T store on its first day on sale. She’s “going to sell them on eBay”.
- Lady walks up to kid who is first in line and offers $800 to take his spot.
- Kid accepts, takes cash and walks to be with his 3 friends a little down the line.
- Lady is first to enter the store, walks up to salesperson and demands however many iPhones she could get for $15,200 (eh, about 29 after tax I guess).
- Salesperson informs her that they are limited to selling only 1 iPhone per customer!
- Woman buys her 1 iPhone (not shown. I assume she went and cried in her car afterwards)
- Kid with $800 shiny new bills walks in with 3 other friends. (Only 2 of those friends wanted to buy an iPhone. The third kid stepped out of line to let newly-rich kid take his spot.)
- Kid buys iPhone and all accessories, with money left to pay for a couple months of service. However, he is shown holding his credit card for the purchase. Why? He has $800 in cash!
So that’s how you spend $1300 for a new iPhone. She should have read the fine print!