Image courtesy ofÂ Gualberto107 at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
I’m working on a side project and need a logo that I can use in the banner of a web page as well as on other materials. The graphic designers I have in my contact list each charge somewhere between $80 and $200 for a logo. A top tier designer will likely charge even more. My side project is meant to be a low budget endeavor, but I have to pay someone to make my logo as I lack the skills to do it myself.
This is where the web service Fiverr comes in.
Fiverr is a web service that can be used to have something done for $5. The seller keeps 80% of the transaction, Fiverr keeps the remaining 20%. Fiverr offers a rich selection of services such as proofreading, web design, music jingles, and even logos.
I decided to give Fiverr a shot to design my logo.
I took the following approach:
Know What You Want
You’ll be asked to describe what it is you want. Spend some time really nailing down a great description of how you envision the finished product. The better the description, the better the chance that the product delivered is what you want.
I enlisted three different highly rated designers to create a logo for me. This cost me $15, which is still much less than the cost of any of my graphic design contacts, and would give me several options to choose from.
Ask For Revisions
An email is sent when the product is delivered. You can then review it and either ask for revisions, or mark it as complete. One design that came in had no hope. It wasn’t even in the ballpark. The other two showed promise, and I requested some minor tweaks.
Rate The Work Honestly
When you mark a job complete, you have the opportunity to rate the seller’s work. When this opportunity was displayed, I thought back to when I was first looking for designers to choose and reading reviews. Honest reviews make a difference for others using the service. The quality of the service depends upon customers giving honest and complete reviews.
After asking two of my designers for tweaks, one came back with a revision that was head and shoulders above the other. I asked that designer for one more revision, but took an option to order additional services for another $5.
The final revision that I received was great quality, and was exactly what I was looking for. In total, it cost me $20, or 1/4th the lowest quote I had received from my graphic designer contacts.
If you have a need that you don’t have the skills to fill, but your budget is low, Fiverr may be worth checking out.
Have you ever used Fiverr? How did it work out for you?
Brought to you courtesy of Brock
Feeling Clever? Join our newsletter!
Subscribe to get the latest from "Clever Dude."