My friend Chris (aka “realist” here on Clever Dude) provided a perfect plan for a totally free wedding:
1. Find people who are the same size as you and ask to borrow their clothes. No one would think its tacky.
2. Have the wedding and reception in a public park. Therefore you would pay nothing at all for the place.
3. Have a “Picnic Reception“, where everyone brings their own food (aka “Potluck”).
4. Make sure the water fountains work, along with the outhouses.
5. Tell the local street preacher that he can have some ‘tater salad if he marries you for free.
6. Rings…well, robbing graves is only illegal if you get caught.
7. Honeymoon…that is what free weekends that show off timeshares are all about.
8. Music…ask all your guests to leave their cars tuned to the same radio station and leave the doors open.
These tasks shall not only impress everyone, but make you seem like the smartest person ever!
As a side note, I have no doubt that Chris would actually do all 8 for his own wedding! Anyone else have some frugal wedding tips?