If you’re worried about getting your gifts shipped from Amazon on-time this holiday season, give Amazon Prime a try. You get unlimited 2nd-day shipping on “millions of eligible items”, and $2.99 overnight shipping if you need it even faster.
Right now they’re offering a 30-day free trial. I’ve tried it before and canceling was simple when the 30 days were up. I just set a reminder on my phone’s calendar to tell me when to go into my Amazon account to cancel electronically. Simple!
Back in the spring, I saved a ton on shipping a portable air-conditioner unit using Amazon Prime because I had to be home when it arrived. By using the overnight shipping, I knew when to expect it. Of course I had to return the unit because it was defective, but Amazon paid for the return shipping, saving me a bunch again (although this had nothing to do with Amazon Prime).
With Amazon Prime, you get:
- Unlimited Free Two-Day Shipping on millions of items
- Upgrades to One-Day (Overnight) Shipping for just $3.99 per item
- No minimum purchase required
- Members-only 1-Click buttons on product pages
- No need to think about shipping charges
- Members can share benefits with up to four family members living in the same household
- Amazon Prime new subscribers are invited to try Amazon Prime free, for one month.
After the Free Trial period, customers will be automatically charged the $79 annual fee unless they choose not to upgrade to regular annual memberships at or before the end of the trial period. As I said, I was able to cancel online without a problem on the day the trial expired. I didnâ€™t have to call anyone to do it.
If you wanted to try Amazon Prime for free for one month, click here or the image below:
Feeling Clever? Join our newsletter!
Subscribe to get the latest from "Clever Dude."