DC Blogger Happy Hour, June 2009
Ahhh, beer. That was the focus of this evening’s DC Personal Finance Blogger happy hour, since we held the event at Brickskeller in downtown Washington, D.C. While I’m not a big beer fan, I do like to try out-of-the-ordinary foods and beverages, so I opted for:
– a Young’s Double Chocolate Stout and
– (after trying a bit of Mapgirl’s) a Duchesse de Bourgogne
I realized I had the Young’s in Pittsburgh earlier this year, and it was still just as tasty (I don’t normally like dark beers, much less stouts). As for the Duchesse, I’m surprised I ordered one after tasting it, but it grew on me. It basically tasted like A) cider or B) balsamic vinagrette. But it had a smooth flavor and no bite.
The usual suspects were in attendance, but we did have a new face (and a second appearance):
- Mrs Micah (who organized the event)
- J Money from Budgets are Sexy (sporting the mohawk as usual)
- Mapgirl from Mapgirl’s Fiscal Challenge
- Craig from Budget Pulse blog (honest, I’ll try your company’s budget software one day!)
- and making a new appearance, with only a week of writing under his belt, was Brian from Building Wealth Together. Let’s give him a round of applause for lasting so long!! 🙂
It was good to have a small group because at most we only had 2 conversations running at a time, and we really learned from each other. Even though two of us (Mapgirl and I) have passed the 3 year mark on our blogs, we can still get rejuvinated by the new bloggers, with their fresh minds and go-get-em spirit.
Thank you fellow bloggers for a great night out. It was worth the 2 hour commute to hang out with all of you!