Best Frugality Posts from the Festival of Frugality #98
Thanks to Being Frugal for including Stacie’s article “Inexpensive Ways to Woo Your Wife” in this week’s Festival of Frugality. Here are a few of my own favorites from the festival:
- Frugal Journey shows some great ways to reuse those bland, soggy leftovers.
- I agree with Cheap Healthy Good that shopping at ethnic markets can save a lot of money, especially on spices. The D.C. area is flush with ethnic markets ranging from Hispanic, Indian, halal meats, Chinese, Greek, Ethiopian and many more!
- I was planning on writing a similar article since I’m getting tired of maintaining our home, but Millionaire Mommy Next Door beat me to it in her article “Can Renting Play a Part in the American Dream?“. She also has a slew of other articles discussing her rent vs. buy decision. Our reader, Casey, also wrote a great Renting Vs. Buying a Home article a few weeks back.
- Mrs. Micah discusses Direct Buy. Honestly, I’ve been sucked into watching their infomercials more than once, but luckily I learned how much they cost a few years ago thanks to a coworker on another project. He paid $4,000. However, he owns 5-6 homes as rental properties, so he can spread out the cost more easily than the average home owner.
- The Digerati Life shows us a few alternatives to the gym for working out.