Best Frugality Posts from the Festival of Frugality #94
David at My Two Dollars has hosted the 94th Festival of Frugality this week, where my article “Secret Value of House Guests: Cleaning Out the Pantry” was featured in the At The House section.
There were so many good articles (seriously), but I’ll try to whittle it down to just some of my favorite articles:
- And Then There Were Three ruminates on frugality (i.e. it’s more than just about saving money)
- The Simple Dollar has a good analysis on the backlash against frugality
- Millionaire Mommy gives some great questions to ask before buying something
- Grad Money Matters has a great article on carpet cleaning basics. I’m tempted to just tear it up and expose the original hardwood underneath. But then our footsies would be chilly all winter.
- Being Frugal tells us why she loves living a minimalist lifestyle. If you want to know why I hate clutter, she explains why. Unfortunately, someone else (-> Stacie) is a clutterbug and we’ve had a few fights about it. Guess who wins. Yeah, not me.
- Baglady gives a few reasons why video games have the most entertainment bang for your buck. Although games are fun, I’d say spending $1 for 2 hours of a good movie from Redbox is a better value. But then again, the free Super Paper Mario rental gave me about 15 hours of fun!
Man, the week’s done already? Well, gotta get ready to see the doc about my shoulder soon. Later!