I believe this is the first weekend in about 2 months where I get both days to be at home and do nothing. Unfortunately, Stacie worked on Saturday, but that means I got to sleep until 9am, which is abnormal for a weekend. And unfortunately for me, my term paper is due Wednesday and I haven’t really worked on it yet (I only got 3 paragraphs done of a 5-8 page paper today). On Wednesday, I’ll also receive the take-home final that is due the following week.
And then classes start back up again in early September. Only 4 more semesters to go. Ugh.
Best of the Personal Finance Network this week
- Blunt Money had an interesting exchange with a person regarding her very red face
- Canadian Capitalist shares his worst financial advice
- Money Ning warns us about “Up-Selling“
- Four Pillars shares his distaste and a warning about Multi-Level Marketing (MLM) schemes. I had the same experience with a couple close relatives and it really is like I was killing their dream!
- Squawkfox gives us two gems: 5 Frugal Family Dinners for Under $5 and her own Printable Grocery List
Best of My Personal Finance Reader List
Last week, I was lazy and didn’t link out to anyone else. But this week, I made sure I starred the articles I really enjoyed in Google Reader. It was a short list this week, but that doesn’t mean I didn’t like articles from other sites:
- Cheap Healthy Good gives 25 awesome ways the Simpsons taught her cheap and healthy eating
- The Simple Dollar compares being broke vs being poor
- Wisebread offers 7 tips for buying second hand cars and driving away happy AND pointed out that you could be driving on really old “new” tires
Feeling Clever? Join our newsletter!
Subscribe to get the latest from "Clever Dude."