Turns out we’re going on a trip next year. Stacie and I will be going to our first NASCAR race! We’ll be attending both the Nationwide and Sprint cup races at Lowe’s Motor Speedway in Charlotte, NC.
While I never grew up as a racing fan, and even wondered why people would watch cars wasting gas and driving in circles, I’ve picked up on why NASCAR is so popular since my father-in-law is a fan and has helped educate me on the fineries of stock car racing. And when the opportunity to attend an actual race came up, we jumped on it like a squirrel on a mullet.
So without further ado, here are the articles I liked this week:
From the Personal Finance Network
– Blunt Money compares debt to a yard full of weeds. I thought this was a very apt comparison.
– MoneyNing got introspective this week and started off with asking “What’s more important than money?”
– Four Pillars offers his opinion on online opinions.
– Squawkfox was very crafty with a big hole in her wall. Also, she is now recovering from knee surgery, so let’s all give her our best wishes. Get well Fox!
From my Finance Reader List
– Consumerism Commentary explains a bit where the federal reserve got $85 billion for AIG.
– Get Rich Slowly has a great personal article on the never-ending war against advertising.
– Wisebread looks at the upsides of the down economy.
– Blueprint for Financial Prosperity finally figured out that home grown veggies taste better than store bought ones. I learned this when I tasted my father-in-law’s tomatoes. Mmm!
– Gather Little by Little talks about what you should get used in “Brand Spankin’ Used“.
Feeling Clever? Join our newsletter!
Subscribe to get the latest from "Clever Dude."