Tips To Host An Inexpensive New Years Eve Party
As the current year comes to a close, many people are planning to ring in the new year with friends and family. With the holiday season also winding down budgets may already be stretched. There are many tips to host an inexpensive New Year’s Eve party, here are some of my favorites.
Providing everyone’s beverage of choice for any gathering is a tall task. Asking guests to bring along their drink of choice is easy on your stress level, as well as your bank account. If your budget allows, a champagne toast at midnight can add a little class to your event.
Decorations and Party Favors
Retailers tend to jack up the price of New Year’s party decorations because they’re such a popular item they know most party planners will simply pay the price. There are some easy tricks to keep the cost of your party decorations to a minimum:
- Christmas Lights: For just a few dollars a strand, hanging Christmas lights add pizzazz to the party environment.
- Ageless Decorations: Stay away from decorations that include the year, as they can only be used once. Instead, look for decorations that simply say “Happy New Year,” that can be reused.
- Generic Decorations: Most party supply stores put a special New Year party section at the front of the store. Walk through that section and explore the rest of the store for generic streamers and noisemakers that are colorful, but don’t say anything about New Year on them. They work just as well and are normally much cheaper.
Just as with party decorations, several easy tips can greatly reduce the food bill of your New Year’s Eve party:
- Later Start Time: The longer your party lasts, the more food needs to be provided. Having a later start time gives guests a chance to do their own thing for dinner and arrive with less of an appetite. This allows party hosts to keep their food to light snacks and appetizers.
- Pot Luck: Make your party a potluck, and give your guests an opportunity to show off their culinary skills.
The magic of a great party isn’t in what the host provides, but rather in the experience you share with your loved ones. By keeping in mind these tips to host an inexpensive New Year’s Eve party, you will provide the atmosphere to celebrate the beginning of a new year with the people closest to you.
How about you, Clever Friends, are you hosting a New Year’s party this year? What money saving tips do you have?