We walked up to the register and laid our items on the counter. Then we handed the cashier four coupons, which after being scanned gave us 20% of four of the six items we were purchasing.
“Hold on” said my wife, “I’ve got two more on my phone.”
She flipped through her text messages and had the cashier scan two more codes from the screen of her phone.
“You can do that?” I heard someone behind us say.
Yep, you can do that at Bed, Bath and Beyond. Most retail coupons include text in the fine print stating something to the effect that you cannot use multiple coupons in the same transaction. However, Bed, Bath, and Beyond’s small print says something a bit different:
Limit one coupon, Savings Certificate, special offer or discount per item.
Emphasis on, “per item”. The amount of coupons I can use in a single transaction is limited only by the number of items I’m buying. But you do have to put in a little work to maximize your stash of coupons to the great beyond.
- Physical Coupons: One of the blue rectangles with 20% plastered on one side arrives every couple of weeks, but they expire usually about a month after they’re delivered. That means I usually have a small window where I have two valid physical coupons.
- Sign Up For Offers: From their website, you can signup to receive offers via email and mobile.
- Share With Friends: While I love Bed, Bath, and Beyond, we don’t need to shop there very often. When we do, we ask our friends if they have any of the magic coupons laying around that they aren’t planning on using.
- Buy Used Giftcards for An Additional Savings: If you plan ahead and buy a few used giftcards using a site like giftcard Granny, you can save an additional 5% to 10%.
With the knowledge that you can use multiple coupons in a single transaction, and following these three easy steps, you can maximize your savings at Bed, Bath, and Beyond. That said, if this isn’t enough info for you, check out my other articles on the topic – there are more ideas there.
- Ways my wife saves us money at Bed, Bath, and Beyond
- Saving time at the Bed, Bath, and Beyond gift wrap table.
More from Cleverdude:
Personal Lending Group Shares 5 Key Things to Be Sure You Get Right on Your Loan Application
Review: National Consumer Panel – Pure Awesomeness or Waste of Time?
Meal Delivery Service: Blue Apron Review
Which is Cheaper: Keg or Canned Beer?
Save Money on Water if You have a Pool (Utilities)
Brought to you courtesy of Brock