â€œWomen are leaders everywhere you look — from the CEO who runs a Fortune 500 company to the housewife who raises her children and heads her household. Our country was built by strong women, and we will continue to break down walls and defy stereotypes.â€ – Nancy Pelosi.
As modern women, breaking down walls and defying stereotypes continue to be a challenge. Sometimes, we even boxed ourselves thereby losing our opportunities to shine brighter.
Beyonce once said, â€œWe need to reshape our own perception of how we view ourselves. We have to step up as women and take the lead.â€
Most, if not all women want to be perceived as strong, self-confident and fearless but some tend to think that do not have those qualities innately. The truth is, strong, self-confident and fearless women are ever-evolving. They continue to strive to be the best version of themselves, amidst challenges and societal norms.
Just like birth to a beautiful pearl which is formed through a painful, natural process of sand irritation, women strengthened by struggles shine through. According to the renowned philosopher Aristotle, â€œWe are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.â€
We live in the age of Instagram and Photoshop, where we are judged according to conventional beauty standards. However, as modern women we have to celebrate what makes sexy skin-deep: strength and fearlessness.
TRAITS OF STRONG AND FEARLESS WOMEN
- Strong and fearless women have self-respect. They do not dumb themselves down to please anyone and stay stick to their moral compass. Strong and fearless women know how to draw boundaries. If that would mean cutting a toxic relationship or leaving a company, then so be it. Moreover, they know their worth, personal and career-wise. They do not feel guilty asking for a raise when necessary or turning down a suitor.
- Instead of instigating jealous catfights and hateful comments, strong and fearless women celebrate, encourage and empower other women around them. Gossiping, bullying or putting people down reflect cowardice and insecurity. It takes true grace and strength to lift people up and promote harmony.
- Strong and fearless women do not care about the societal standards on what they should do. Whether itâ€™s getting married before 30, having a child, or merely dressing â€œconservativelyâ€, it takes real strength to know what you really want and what you feel is best for you.
- Loving oneâ€™s self amidst imperfection is a measure of real strength and fearlessness. Our bodies will never be perfect but that does mean we should not be confident with ourselves. Beauty and sexiness all come in different sizes and shapes but that shouldn’t stop us from being happy with our own bodies. If you do not love yourself enough, who else will? Even Demi Lovato said, â€œWhat’s wrong with being confident?â€ When youâ€™re not feeling your best though, try these must-have shapewear styles and trends to help you look great and feel your best for every occasion.
- Strong and fearless women arenâ€™t afraid to start over, go against the wave or try new experience. They see changes and challenges as opportunities for growth. In addition, these women are not afraid to of failures; if it means redirection for a development. They face problems head-on, regardless of the outcome.
- Strong and fearless women are not afraid to speak up not only for themselves, but of others. They stand up for social justice, feminism and their advocacies they believe in. These women are defenders of bigotry and unwarranted personal attacks.