Prepare for Microsoft Certifications with Best Practice Tests
Microsoft is a company, which is well known for its Windows, operating systems, office software, online services, gaming and many more. Microsoft Company provides various certifications programs through which qualified technicians can support the system and application programs. Microsoft certification program proves that a person has a competence in technology and can provide better results.
Microsoft certification programs
There are 6 categories of Microsoft certifications program.
- Cloud: This is the new category in Microsoft certification. It includes business intelligence, Windows Server, Machine learning, Data Analytics, private and hybrid clouds, developers and many more.
- Mobility: This is for end-user and includes Windows 10, desktop and enterprise applications, planning and managing devices in an enterprise setting.
- Data: It includes business development, business applications, data management and analytics, Microsoft SQL server, developing SQL server, implementing data models etc.
- Productivity: This category is related to Microsoft productivity offerings like exchange server, share point server, Skype for the business, Office 365 identities and services.
- App builder: It is a development-oriented category which includes architecting, designing, testing, visual studio foundation and managing development throughout the software lifecycle.
- Business application: This includes dynamics 365 for sales, customer service, finance and operations, retail, field service, and other applications.
Reasons for getting Microsoft certifications
- Knowledge about MS Office: Microsoft certificates provide you an intense knowledge and skills regarding the use of MS Office. It also creates a base on MS Word which is used for creating documents, MS Excel for creating and managing the database, MS PowerPoint for making presentations for the clients.
- Technology accessibility: Nowadays every business works on new and latest technology. They need the employees who are technically good and able to work according to it. The Microsoft certifications help to gain knowledge about the use of technology. The persons who obtain Microsoft certifications can be hired easily by the companies.
- Better job opportunities: Microsoft certifications provide candidates with better job opportunities. If you are skillful and is a real expert in operating Microsoft programs in your company, you can definitely get better opportunity to work at a higher position with a high salary.
- Competitive advantage: Every IT company hires a candidate which has Microsoft certificates. The person who has obtained Microsoft certification will get an advantage over the others who don’t have that one. As competition is increasing day by day so as to prove yourself in front of others, Microsoft certifications will help to give a competitive advantage.
- Job security: To validate a person’s skills and expertise Microsoft certifications are the best way. A person with the certificate will perform better than others and will create their own value in a company. It will help in securing your job and increase your job performance.
Enrolling to get Microsoft certificates
There are several steps to become a Microsoft certified professional.
- Choose the Microsoft certificate: The first and foremost thing to do is to decide which Microsoft certificate you need to get. There are several Microsoft certifications like Microsoft certified solutions expert (MCSE), Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA), Microsoft certified solutions developer (MCSD), Microsoft technology associate (MTA). You can choose the exam which is more beneficial or needed for you to grow in your career.
MCSA Windows Server 2012 Certification
Let’s have a look at one popular certification MCSA: Windows Server 2012. To achieve this credential, you are required to pass one 70-417 standalone exam or three other exams: 70-410, 70-411 and 70-412.
Microsoft 70-417 exam also known as Upgrading Your Skills to MCSA Windows Server 2012 exam is aimed to check your skills in Windows Server 2012 R2 and System Center 2012 R2 maintenance.
The another three mentioned exams include 70-410 exam, that covers the configuration and installation of Windows server 2012 and comprises the features such as core network services, group policy, active directory, and Hyper-V.
The 70-411 exam also known as Administering Windows Server 2012 management, maintenance, and deployment of Windows Server questions.
All other skills and capabilities to understand the environment of Windows Server in an enterprise will be checked in 70-412 Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services exam.
MCSA: SQL Server 2012/2014 Certification
To get this certification you need to crack three the following exams:
- 70-461 Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2014exam will check your capability to work with the SQL Server. You should be able to perform the creation of database objects, working with data and troubleshooting tasks.
- 70-462 Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2014 Databases exam will check your skills to manage, maintain, optimize and troubleshoot instances and databases.
- 70-463 Implementing a Data Warehouse with Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2014 exam will check your abilities in data warehouse designing, implementing, transforming and loading as well as SSIS solutions configuring and deploying.
MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure Certification
Through MCSE certifications the popular one is MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure. To earn this MCSE you have to pass one if 10 Microsoft exams. Among them, there are four popular exams 70-532, 70-533, 70-535 and 70-414 are related to Azure Solutions Infrastructure and each of them has their own importance.
- While you are preparing for Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions 70-532 exam, you should take down a note of all the important questions from the different areas. You should know all the important areas, terms, and keywords.
- For 70-533 exam keep on practicing on Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions topics to score higher. You should become familiar with Azure App techniques which may be of help.
- When you are preparing for 70-535 Architecting Microsoft Azure Solutions exam, you should plan for all the details based on time. Time management is the key factor in the preparation.
- To cover all Implementing Advanced Server Infrastructure areas of 70-414 exam, it is recommended that you source for the relevant resource materials that will detail all the information you need to develop the above skills.
MCSE: Data Management and Analytics Certification
Another popular MCSE certification is MCSE: Data Management and Analytics. You can choose one of thirteen exams to earn this certification. For example:
- 70-767 Implementing a Data Warehouse using SQL exam.
- 70-473 Designing and Implementing Cloud Data Platform Solutions exam.
- Special offers: While applying for the exam there are various offers available for the students like exam replay, a free extra retake in which you can get free re-exam or discount on exam fee and many more.
- Requisite training: After deciding which certification you want to obtain, it’s time to train yourself for the exam. There is a process to sign in for the training. There are online training courses at Microsoft virtual academy in which a proper training is provided regarding the topics covered under the specific certification program. Download free e-books from Microsoft which will help in preparing for the exam and provide guidance about the topics of a certificate program.
- Scheduling the exam: It’s a time to schedule the exam. You can log in to Microsoft site and fill all the personal details needed to appear in the exam. After submitting the details, you can schedule the exam and fill the time and date according to your convenience.
Tips for passing the exam
It’s easier to pass exams when you use the following tips and then manage to organize your time in the best way.
- Deep understanding: Microsoft certification exams are hard and need a deep understanding of the topics covered at the exam. Before studying for the exam, it is necessary to understand the type of questions that have to be asked at the exam, topics included as well. Microsoft publishes exam description for every exam and anyone can administer them. It contains each and every detail regarding the exam.
- Study material: Microsoft offers Microsoft official curriculum content which is written by the experts in their fields for Microsoft certifications. This covers most of the concepts covered in the exam. You can consider the books which will help in studying the material. Braindumps are also available and provide similar questions to that of the real exam. Thus, they are considered to be a great tool for exam preparation.
- Prepare notes: The best way to prepare for the exam is to make notes during your preparation. The notes help in revising the topics at any time. Writing the important points help to learn them in a better way and remember all the time especially when you are at the exam.
- Practice: For passing Microsoft certification exams- practice is a must. Experience of the technology will help in clearing the exam. A MOC lab offers to practice at any time, that helps to get the experience.
Download Practice Tests at www.prepaway.com
Microsoft certifications are the best to enhance the knowledge regarding MS Office, Microsoft Server etc. There are a variety of positions for Microsoft certified professionals like office managers, executive assistants, IT managers, research analysts, software developers. Choose Microsoft certification that suits personally you, get it and be on the top of your career.