Links I Like: August 13, 2009
It’s time to let you, my readers, pay a visit to some other sites I like to read. I’ve had some of these articles starred for a roundup in my RSS reader for quite some time, and it’s time to clean house! No go check ’em out!
- 10 things your kids will never experience in a car: I’m only 30 and I’ve experienced every one of these. From crank windows and vent windows to vinyl and jump seats (in a big old station wagon). So sad kids will only know the art of pushing a button rather than winding down their window.
- 10 Unhealthiest Restaurants: It’s so easy to forget (or ignore) the huge amounts of salt, fat and/or calories in restaurant food. But mmm, it’s so tasty.
- 50 Actions you can take right now to pay off debt: It’s seeming like this roundup is all about lists, but really it’s one of the best ways to get a good point across. In this case, go through the list and check off the items that you’ve tried in your quest to get rid of debt.
- 246 Cheap, healthy recipes for all kinds of greens: Greens can be so boring and bland, but check out these recipes to find some ways to spice up those healthy veggies!
- The Little Budget Travel Book Arrives: My PF friend David Ning (Money Ning) wrote “The Little Budget Travel Book” and made a little video of himself seeing the book for the first time. Go buy one for yourself!
- Documentary on compulsive hoarding: Consumerist featured part of a documentary on people who keep EVERYTHING (and buy multiples of it too!). It’s a short video, but it gets you thinking about your own clutter too.
- Keep your tires in shape: It’s a bit of a long read, but it’s basic enough for even you non-gearheads to understand the importance of proper tire pressure, alignment and rotation.
- Frugal Lawn Care: Sharpening your mower blades: A guest post from Kevin from No Debt Plan that I really need to follow this year about keeping my lawnmower blades sharpened.
- How to compost without raising a stink: I also keep a compost bin (a $40 heavy-duty plastic SoilSaver from Sam’s Club), but if you want to build your own, check out Gather Little by Little’s article about Building a Compost Bin.
- 397 Ways to Save Money: Another PF friend, Squawkfox, wrote a book about saving money. Am I just getting behind the game? (I think I already have been). Go buy your copy today!
I have a ton more articles stored up to highlight, but that’s for another time. For now, give this batch a look and see what you think. Also consider subscribing to their feeds yourself!