Are you on a tight budget but would still like to travel? Consider heading over to the Philippines. It is a cheap and a â€œmust go toâ€ destination with all the beautiful islands you can visit in this tropical paradise.
Everyone deserves a break once in a while and it doesnâ€™t have to break the bank. The trick is to find out how you can make the most out of your money and searching for the best deals and promos out there. Hereâ€™s how you can enjoy and save money on your trip to the Philippines:
- Book your flights early and make sure your dates are flexible. Check fares regularly as prices go down the earlier you book. Flights are very reasonable as long as you book in advance. Sometimes even two weeks ahead is ok.Boracay is one of the most popular destinations in the Philippines and you canÂ take advantage of airline promo deals to findÂ cheap flights to Boracay.
- Opt for a small hotel or rent a house or a condo. Smaller hotels are way cheaper and still offer apartment-style suites and other amenities that expensive or chain hotels also carry. For large groups or a family, renting can be low-priced than paying for the same number of beds in a hotel. Renting is a better option in smaller destinations where there are only a few available hotels in the area or in major locations or cities where hotels are costly.
- Eat local. Street food stalls and even market areas have seriously good food. There are a lot of low-priced meals you can have if you donâ€™t feeling like cooking but if you wish to prepare your own meals, purchasing at the grocery store can be another idea for you to cut costs.
- Compare prices and haggle when going on a tour. You can try doing things yourself, however there are destination where you canâ€™t do it that way. Politely ask for a discount and you can usually get one as there is a lot of competition and they would want your business.
- Make friends with the locals. Majority of the Filipinos speak English, and they are extremely friendly and loves to show the tourists around. They are one of the most welcoming people so just go ahead and chat to the receptionist or waiter – they might even give you more tips on how you can save money during your trip.
- Take advantage of the free things you can do and discover affordable activities you can do in the area.
Plan your trip thoroughly. Go prepared, have an itinerary, bring a calculator if needed to track your expenses and donâ€™t forget to consider other things you will spend on such as public transportation and other fees. You donâ€™t have to spend a fortune to enjoy a memorable and unforgettable tropical vacation in the Philippines. Follow these tips and you will surely have a wonderful time that you can surely treasure.
Save More Money in 2018
Subscribe and join the worldwide 52-week money challenge! Get the tools you need right to your inbox.