Two things this Friday before we get to my favorite posts of the week, Clever Friends.
First, I’m honored to have had a guest post over at Prairie Eco Thrifter this week entitled How Do You Handle Increasing Expenses? Check it out and let me know what you think.
Second, as promised, is my online shopping update. So far, ZERO gifts have been purchased at a brick and mortar store:
As of last week I had purchased these items online:
- Pendant and Necklace with Swarovski crystal Elements for my wife through something called SweetJack which is kind of a groupon, deal site.
- SnuggBuds earbuds for my son
- Computer Desk from Ikea
This week, I added the following:
- Two pairs of jeans and a zip up sweatshirt from Aeropostale for my son
- Blue tooth speaker for my son
- Tshirt from RoosterTeeth for my son
Unfortunately, I now have to fail at my challenge. I have two presents for my wife that will be more convenient (and cheaper due to the need for expedited shipping at this point) to go into a store. There’s some perfume and a Fitbit that she’s mentioned lately that I need to pick up. But I have a plan to go into Best Buy for the Fitbit, and JC Penny’s for the perfume. I know where the items are in the store, and I’ll be going early tomorrow morning when traffic is still light. Get in, get out as quickly and painlessly as possible. 🙂
Are you all done with your shopping? How much did you do online?
On to my favorite posts!
- How Do You Play With Your Money? from MoneyStepper
- How to Keep Earning After You Retire from Modest Money
- 3 Good Changes in the World of Credit Cards from Suburban Finances
- Last Minute Christmas Gift Ideas Under $20 from Money Smart Guides
- Yes you can. Budget that is. from DINKS Finance
CleverDude was included in the following carnivals recently:
- Financial Carnival for Young Adults from Frugal Students
- Yakezie Carnival from brokeGIRL Rich
- Carnival of Financial Planning from Money Smart Guides
Brought to you courtesy of Brock
Feeling Clever? Join our newsletter!
Subscribe to get the latest from "Clever Dude."