Fire Finance is hosting this week’s Carnival of Personal Finance #101, and my article “Dealing with Trust, In-laws and Money” was featured. FYI, a “Carnival” is just a collection of articles dealing with a certain topic, and this one is all about personal finance (credit, retirement, investing and more). With so many articles posted in this edition, I found it hard to pick just a few to feature. However, I’ll try to keep it down to just 5 of my favorites:
- A new site, Happy Rock, lists a few things that getting out of debt can “buy” you. I personally like this post because it reiterates everything I feel about getting out of debt such as :
- If you’re thinking about working with a financial planner/advisor, take a look at Lightship Mutual’s post on “Five things your financial advisor knows (…but will never tell you)“.
- My Wealth Builder summarizes the new and not-so-new ideas about personal finance.
- Retire to India gives an interesting analysis of Immigrants and Personal Finance.
- And finally, if you have a list of things longer than 100 items, you’re bound to get people’s attention. The Frugal Law Student gives us 180 Money Saving Tips to Turn Your Life Around 180 Degrees. You might need to print these out and read a few at a time (but that paper and ink costs money. Hmm).
Not only was my money mine again, I was able to reclaim extra time each day.
Check back next week for another roundup. And remember, CleverDude.com is hosting the 103rd edition of the Carnival of Personal Finance on June 4th!