Stop the Ride! hosted the 91st Festival of Frugality this week, and it was a collection of some great articles. This usually isn’t one of those hit or miss carnivals, but I’d say this one was a hit because I found so many good posts. Here are just a few of my favorites:
- Being Frugal asks “What do you need to be happy?” A short article, but with poignant questions and insight.
- I enjoyed Rather Be Shopping’s analysis of his dad’s frugality. No, I don’t think any of those things are weird. They might be a pain to do, but keep doing them and they’ll become second nature.
- Although we’re not debt-free, I’m trying not to incur more debt. Hence, I can relate to The Wastrel’s Show’s post that debt-free is a lonely road.
- Money, Matter & More Musings has a dead-on description of why big birthday parties are crazy. My childhood parties consisted of the standard pin-the-tail and homemade birthday cake. I had fun and so did my friends. I didn’t have 50 people at the party. I think I had about 10 or less, and they were always great.
- This is one of those things that you would all call me cheap for had I posted it, but I liked Five Cent Nickel’s method of refilling travel toothpaste tubes. Mainly, it’s because we just used up our travel tube. I’ll try it out soon.
Feeling Clever? Join our newsletter!
Subscribe to get the latest from "Clever Dude."