Best Finance Posts from Carnival of Personal Finance #113
Madame X at My Open Wallet hosted this week’s Carnival of Personal Finance. The Carnival is a collection of finance-related articles submitted by various sites. Of these articles, here are my favorites:
- No Credit Needed explains how to talk to your spouse about money (without fighting). We’re actually very similar in how we handle money conversations.
- Journey 2 Retirement describes the Invincibility Complex. I agree that it’s hard to stay with an old lifestyle when something good happens (pay raise, bonus, etc.). We’ve been pretty good lately, but this weekend we’re going clothes shopping for me!
- Four Pillars and a Baby details mistakes new parents need to avoid. I have no idea why people buy so much stuff for their babies. They don’t need all that stuff! They play with the box, not the toy!
- Money, Matter & More Musings tells some interesting facts and confusing details about the American poor. My coworker put it in perspective today. She’s from Uzbekistan. Her Austrian friend was trashing America, but she said:
I can understand why Austrians would think the U.S. is horrible, but from Uzbekistan, America has endless possibilities and potential that we could never find back home.
- The Digerati Life explains 10 popular reasons to buy a new car. We know Stacie will need a different car in the near future (the old Grand Am won’t last forever), but we’re still torn between new and used. We’ll see what options are available when the time comes though.
- As a followup, Mighty Bargain Hunter explains a good reason to pay cash for a car.