Tricia from Blogging Away Debt hosted this week’s Carnival of Personal Finance. My own article “Postponing financial responsibility until you grow up” was featured as an Editor’s Pick!
Here are my own Editor’s Picks:
- My Open Wallet compares money management and weight management. Very appropriate comparisons. I can relate to #8 myself. It’s hard to keep going once you’ve hit a goal. That’s why you need to be prepared with another goal!
- The Wastrel Show tells a nice, short story about their journey to financial freedom. Personally, we would both love to move to semi-rural Pennsylvania (State College to be exact) to be closer to family and a quieter life, but it just feels like such a long time away!
- SavingAdvice gives some excellent advice for things to buy, and avoid, for overseas trips.
- The Digerati Life chronicles 10 common financial arguments and 5 ways to fix them. Basically, we’ve fought for many of the same reasons, but usually I relent to my wife’s common sense. She’s the saver, and reminds me of our overall goals. (Shhh! Don’t tell her I said that!)
- Money and Values provides and insightful beginner’s course on budgeting. She also discusses your options, consequences, and priorities.
- Newcomer Coddleshell (love the site design!) provides 10 ways to get the government to pay you. Take note of the direct links to IRS.gov materials for each item.
- And finally, The Simple Dollar gives 40 ways to reduce your monthly spending requirements. Definitely read through and seriously consider each one.