Since 1) NCN invited me and 2) I had a decent debt-related article, I decided to branch out and participate in the Carnival of Debt Reduction hosted by No Credit Needed. NCN posted a good synopsis of the definition of a carnival:
1. Bloggers submit articles about a specific topic. (In this case: Debt Reduction)
2. A host blog (In this case: No Credit Needed) compiles those articles and presents them in list-form, linking back to the original article.
3. Bloggers who submitted articles are encouraged to link-back to the host blog and to link-to each otherâ€™s articles.
NCN actually commented that my submission “Is the thought of debt ruling your life?” is one of his favorite all-time posts! Now here are some of my favorite posts from the carnival:
- Single Guy Money wrote a very concise, yet dead-on article in response to his 16-year-old cousin’s statement “I want to be rich like you“.
- Get Rich Slowly writes a very direct explanation for how to get out of debt.
- Blunt Money tells us how to handle less than supportive friends and family. Mostly, our families are supportive of our debt reduction and frugal methods, but our friends are less understanding. They want us to spend money, and we just don’t want to. However, sometimes you need to spend to stay in people’s good graces, at least until they see the light too.
- Gather Little by Little explains how to get out of debt in his series “How to get your finances under control, one small step at a time“.
- And finally, the King of Debt at We’re in Debt has a series called “15 days to start paying off your debt”. They’re about 10 days in, so keep going back for the rest!