Don’t worry, I won’t tag anyone this time. I decided that I had some more interesting things to expose about my personal life, so here they are:
- I’ve owned a guinea pig, chameleon, fish, and an iguana as pets. I’m actually allergic to guinea pigs and iguanas. The iguana eventually died at the ripe old age of 8 years (give or take) while in my parents’ care.
- We name our plants. Stacie and her roommates rescued a peace lily from the trash in college and they named it Charlie. Since then we’ve named: Luis (elephant ear plant), Tabitha (aloe), Telula (some vine thing), Matilda (I’ll be asking you guys to identify this one sometime), Conner (Charlie’s little brother), Poo the Bamboo, Carolyn (a dainty little plant, named by my aunt), PooPoo the Bamboo (split off from Poo), Jorge (a 2 ft Red Maple Tree we found on the side of our house and replanted), and Diego (a 6 inch Red Maple I just found). We don’t name our yard plants, just the trees, since we only have two right now.
- I went skydiving, and LOVED it! I went with a coworker on July 4th, 2002, and have the video to prove it. It was a tandem jump with a professional, but I got to control the descent for a short time, and ended up landing on my butt. I’d love to take Stacie out, but we’re not big daredevils anymore. We’ll see though.
- I’ve been to Ireland twice. A friend and I went to Ireland in 2002, and toured the entire circumference of the island by car (I drove the whole 1000 miles in 9 days). I decided I wanted to go back, but focus on the southwest during our honeymoon. I drove again (another 1000 miles), but took more scenic routes and stopped along the way more often. Stacie and I had a blast and would love to go back yet again.
- I was a fan of Gilmore Girls and 7th Heaven. What, does that make me less of a man to like a show with great banter, and a Christian-focused family show? My coworkers and friends ragged me about these shows, but I don’t care. I watch things that make me laugh or feel good.
- I really don’t like crime dramas. On the same vein of #5, I don’t like watching TV shows that bring me down. Stacie has gotten into NCIS, and it has some humorous parts, but it’s still a downer. Someone always dies in these shows.
- I’m still afraid of looking into the bathroom mirror at night because of the movie Poltergeist. I’m simply scarred for life because of that movie. Oh, and Candyman didn’t help either. I’m fine with horror movies, but ghosts just creep me out. Please don’t let your children watch these movies. They might never tell you they’re scared, but they are.
- Ethiopian is by far my favorite food. Never tried it? If you’re not in the D.C. region, you’ll have a tough time finding it. However, we have also found restaurants in Pittsburgh and San Francisco. We usually have to go down to Adams Morgan or Georgetown (Zed’s Ethiopian is the best, but it’s pricey), but a small cafe opened up in Gaithersburg, MD called Addis Cafe (on Frederick Rd). Learn more about Ethiopian food at Wikipedia.
Hope you enjoyed these little tidbits!
Save More Money in 2018
Subscribe and join the worldwide 52-week money challenge! Get the tools you need right to your inbox.