While trying to find a notary public this weekend, I called Suntrust Bank as the buyer of our Malibu has an account there. As soon as the bank associates answered the phone, she asked if I knew about their “Our checking, your cause” offer. Before I could answer, she rattled off that I could get $100 towards my charity of choice or a $50 gift card.
As I was in a hurry to just find a notary, I declined the offer, but looked it up when I got home. Here are the full details from the Suntrust site:
SunTrust will donate $100 to the charity of your choice, or you can choose to receive a $50 SunTrust Visa® Gift Card to keep for your own cause when you:
- Open a new Personal or Business checking account from August 6 through October 12, 2007, and
- Accept a new SunTrust Visa Check Card and make any purchase using your new card by November 15, 2007, and
- Complete and submit a redemption form by November 15, 2007
To qualify for SunTrust to donate $100 to the charity of your choice or to receive a $50 Visa Gift Card to keep for your own cause, you must:
- Open a new SunTrust Personal or Business Checking account from August 6 through October 12, 2007.
- Accept and make any purchase with your new SunTrust Visa Check Card by November 15, 2007.
- Complete and submit a redemption form by November 15, 2007.
- The U.S. charity must be an IRS-recognized 501(c)(3) organization. The donation will be made by SunTrust on behalf of the client.
- Account must be open and in good standing at the time the incentive is paid. All incentives will be mailed by December 31, 2007.
- Offer valid for U.S. residents with a U.S. address (or a U.S.-based business for business checking accounts).
- Offer is limited to one donation/gift card per personal household and one donation/gift card per business household.
- Offer subject to withdrawal at any time.
The Visa Gift Card is accepted everywhere in the United States the Visa Debit Card is accepted.
And no, I don’t get any commissions on these accounts. Just thought you would be interested!