Not that I want to take any more classes than I already am, but Melissa from A Penny Closer tagged me to tell 5-10 classes that would (hopefully) fix my life:
- Although this wasn’t the first one I thought of, I think it’s the most important: ANGER MANAGEMENT. I seriously need help, and actually, this might be the one class I would pay for since it would have an immediate effect on my life.
- Personally, I think I’m perfect the way I am, but I’ve been told by, well, ALL of my coworkers that I need SINGING LESSONS. They keep saying they hear howling dogs when I start singing “Unbreak My Heart” by Toni Braxton. Don’t ask.
- Although I’ve gotten many compliments on my self-designed Clever Dude logo, I really have no idea HOW TO CREATE GRAPHICS. If I had to create that logo again, I’m not sure if I would remember how!
- Back in college when I went through about 25 (literally) job interviews with no offers, and I seriously considered trying out COOKING SCHOOL. I really don’t cook anymore, but I could make some mean chocolate refried bean casserole if I tried! Maybe!
- I don’t have the urge to build a bookshelf or a guillotine, but I would like to know some BASIC CARPENTRY skills. However, if I had to pick any instructor, I would choose my father-in-law…or Norm Abram. However, my FIL is more of a do-it-himself type of worker and might be a difficult teacher.
- You may notice that I only have 1 investing-oriented blog on my Reader List (can
you figure out which one?). It’s because I don’t like math and all those numbers and graphs make my head spin. But, if I was stuck in an INVESTING 101 class, then I would probably pay a little more attention. For now, though, I think I’ll just continue buying stocks based on 10 minutes of cursory research.
- I like to think that I’m half-decent at capturing (or noticing) good picture moments. However, the camera doesn’t always match the image in my head, so perhaps a DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY course would be handy.
- HISTORY, HISTORY, HISTORY. I’m not a big history buff in the academic sense, but I love hearing a good historical story. If I didn’t have to write any papers, I think my world history course back in college would have been my favorite. A good storyteller can make history come alive!
- I know how important touch is to people, so I think learning BASIC AND INTERMEDIATE MASSAGE would be a killer skill (with my wife that is). We’ll save Advanced for later.
- I couldn’t think of a good #10, so I asked Stacie. Her response was “HOW TO GET IN TOUCH WITH YOUR EMOTIONAL SIDE“. Apparently the only emotions I show are angry and sleepy.
- UPDATED: Thanks to some commenters, I realized I left out some major classes that I’ve actually considered taking within the last year or two: DANCE LESSONS, SPANISH LESSONS, and GUITAR LESSONS. Thanks readers!
Although this was a good exercise and looking inward and seeing what I’m actually interested in, I won’t tag anyone else. However, feel free to create this list for yourself. Who knows, maybe you’ll even decide to sign up for something while you’re at it!